Illegal practices | Northland Capital review from Wichita, Kansas

Our company (LLC) purchased a trailer in early 2014. My husband and I divorced in 2015 and our company was dissolved. The trailer was sold to his brother. He obtained a loan to pay for it. Now FOUR years later I received a voicemail from Northland Capital stating that I owed a deficient amount on a trailer and that they are suing. What??? This was paid! First, identifying information was left on the voicemail. Second, they threatened to sue. Third, in FOUR years I’ve never received any notice of non payment, sale of the trailer or any deficient amount. This sounds illegal!! I will be contacting an attorney ASAP!!
#1752053

Our company is located in St. Cloud MN with no locations in the stated area. It is believed this comment was posted on the wrong business listing.

Review

The Worse ever!! | Northland Capital review from Saint Cloud, Minnesota

Prepayment penalties! I was lied to! I was told there were none, and that it was a LIE! I went to pay it off and was thinking of selling it to get different trailer, I called for the pay off and the pay off was more than I financed in almost a years time. So then I really started digging in (had my attorney read the contract) And there is also a payment due at the end for $4500 after paying over 10,000 in interest and fees. So I refused to make another payment until it was straightened out. Well then they just charged me almost a full payments worth of late fees! This company should be shut down!!! Its not a lending company it is a LOAN SHARK Company! that extorts you! We really need to get the word out for people to stay away!!
#1752055

Northland Capital is not a bank, nor provide loans. Alternative equipment finance agreements and leases are available.

Review
#1082014 Review #1082014 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Northland Capital Equipment Leasing
Cons
  • Being lied too
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Contact Northland Capital Customer Service